Meal Prepping is Key To Reaching Health & Fitness Goals
I was never really much of a planner. Always a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl. It's fun to be spontaneous, but the older I get the more I realize if I want to reach my goals, there is a certain level or preparation involved.
I have recently set some serious health and fitness goals that I want to achieve. Over the years, I have realized that 80% of my healthy lifestyle success is nutrition and 20% is fitness. If so much of the emphasis is on nutrition then I needed to put more thought and effort into meal planning in order to set myself up for success. So I set out to make Sunday's my meal prep days. I start my mornings with a nice cup of coffee, a pen, and paper. I thought about my upcoming week and created my shopping list. I thought about easy breakfast ideas, quick and convenient lunches and dinners that would make the entire family happy. Below are some of my weekly go to recipes that are 21 Day Fix approved and YUMMY at the same time. I hope they offer ideas and inspire you to prepare ahead of time for your week of healthy meals.
Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Steal cut oats (topped with fruit)
- Vegetable egg muffins (see recipe)
- Mason jar salad
- Be sure to layer ingredients correctly and keep the dressing and lettuce away from each other.
- The first layer of the mason jar salad is always the dressing. Vinaigrette dressing will come out of the mason jar easier than creamier dressings.
- Use approx 2-3 Tbsp. dressing
- Grilled brown rice wrap pizza
Healthy Dinner Ideas:
- Grilled turkey loins with baked sweet potatos
- Pineapple turkey kabobs (see recipe)
- Grilled salmon with grilled yellow and/or zucchini squash