I recently polled my followers and asked them to share some of the ways I can help them reach their health and fitness goals in 2016. Believe it or not, increased water consumption was one of the top responses along with weight loss. Why is it important to stay hydrated throughout the day? Drinking water helps maintain the balance of body fluids, it helps energize the muscles, and helps control hunger/cravings.
I have prepared a video for you with 7 tips to help you drink your daily quota of water.
7 Ways to Drink More Water Video Transcript:
- Download a water tracking app on your phone.
- Drink through a straw. I have asked a few people to try this tip and get back to me about how it worked for them and feedback was a big thumbs up!!!
- Fill a glass or water bottle first thing right when you wake up in the morning. And drink some of course 😉
- Figure out your daily water quote for the day. The formula is quite simple. Take your body weight and divide it by 2 and that is the proper number of OUNCES of water for you body. Simple math and easy to remember!
- Infuse your water with frozen fruit for some flavor. I infuse my water with doTERRA Essential Oils (only the ingestable ones). Herbal tea is also a great alternative. Hot tea in the cold season and iced in the hot season! This only works with herbal teas that are non-caffeinated. Caffeine is a diuretic and will dehydrate you.
- Drink 8 ounces of water before every meal. This will help fill you up quicker and eat less. If you eat 3 meals a day that's 23 ounces towards your quota right there.
- Switch it up and drink room temperature water during the winter months and cooler water during the summer months. I don't know about you but I have no desire to drink cold water when I'm cold.
Did you know when you don't drink enough water, your body receives mixed signals on hunger. Dehydration causes you to believe you need to eat when you really need to hydrate with WATER!
Studies have shown that plastic water bottles leach toxins into the water so be sure to use a glass water bottle. I love my Lifefactory bottles, I give them to my kids to take to school. Yes, they get shattered, but I'd rather risk that than broken down health in 10 years. You can get Lifefactory glass water bottles at Whole Foods, Bed Bath and Beyond and Amazon. Target also has glass water bottles options.
BONUS ~ Fat Eliminating Water Recipe:
If you found these tips helpful, PLEASE comment below and let me know. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and fuels my desire to share helpful information and inspire other people to live a healthy lifestyle!
If you found this helpful, you will like my Top 8 effective ways to detox your body.